Thursday, December 29, 2011

Embossing - Two Ways

So I was finally able to pull out some of my new toys that I received for my birthday and for Christmas.  I combined them with some old toys for a fun card.

New items used on this card: Half and Half die, and  Background Basics: Gingham (both Papertrey Ink)
Old favourites used: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Labels 8 Nestabilities, Around and About Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)

Now, one part of the card you might not be able to see from the full card is the dry embossed butterflies on the half & half die cut.  Here is a close up:


I hand embossed them using a light board!  A bit of work but worth the effort as the effect is so subtle!!
And I was really focused on threes ... can you find them....

Thanks for dropping by.  I have LOTS of new toys to play with so you will be seeing new stuff from me as the weeks continue and I find time to actually play!

Donelda

2 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Both cards are great. Love the butterfly embossing folder and I love these cards.

Angela said...

The embossing looks terrific...wonderful card...so bright and cheery!