Wednesday, September 3, 2008

smARTworks Tea Party #1

Dina, over at Mama Dini's Stamperia, shared the very first TEA PARTY challenge that is being hosted by smARTworks!! Every two weeks, one of the design team members will present a challenge and then the following week will present their creations. And.... they have invited anyone to join in the fun!! Well, you know how much I love a good challenge so I was "IN"!!
Dina's first challenge was a sketch challenge and a great one too!
Along with the tea party challenge, I am continuing to try to use up some of the items I have in my scrap bin (good pieces of background, images, etc. that were made for a previous project or didn't get used). Well, I had these great backgrounds that I stamped using acrylic paint! I decided I had to use them for this layout! You can see the previous projects that I used them on HERE. As well, I had this butterfly already stamped on acetate and painted the same color as the leaves sitting in my scrap bin waiting to be used...so I pulled him out as well.
The sentiment was actually a stamp that I won from a blog give away by Dina ... fitting I suppose! I love how it all came together!
Supplies: Paper-Kraft, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink); Stamps-Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink), Butterfly (--), sentiment (My Heart Stamps for you); Ink-Jet Black (StazOn), Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Other - acrylic paint (blue, white, and green mixed to match Papertrey Ink's Aqua Mist color), acetate (unknown).
You should drop in to the smARTworks site to see what the design team members made for this tea party!!
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I really like how the kraft and black look together. And way to go with using scraps -- you should join the Stamp to Spend challenge, except that you'd probably shame us all!

One Creative Life said...

Wow I love how the leaves turned out. I have used that stamp so many times and this card makes it look so fresh and different. You have inspired me to dig through my stash to see what I can come up with! TFS-Erica

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Ooh, I love it! Thanks for playing!!

Dina @ mamadinis

Lorraine said...

Donelda, this is a wonderful sketch. I love the images you used. the colors are perfect. lovely!

Catherine said...

wow... what a gorgeous creation =)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.

Anonymous said...

Wow! EVERYTHING ties together so well! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

yeWow! EVERYTHING ties together so well! Love it!!!

Jocy said...

Your card is wonderful!

Kelly L said...

Love the color choices, and the butterfly looks terrific stamped on the acetate, too. Good for you using up those scraps! :) Kel

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

LOVE it. What a great work of art. Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day as well! Hugs