Thursday, September 18, 2008

Christmas Cards with Dawn

My stampin' friend, Dawn, came over tonight! Sue was supposed to come too but her son was sick so she was not able to (next time Sue!!).
Dawn had wanted to make some Christmas cards so we pulled out all our Christmas sets and got to work. Here is what we made.
The first one was the black and vanilla with the pine tree. It is made with a used dryer sheet and
Dazzling Diamonds sprinkled on top
which you can't see in the picture but looks great in real life. (Remember you should be able to click on any of the pictures to see a larger image which will allow you to see more of the detials!)You can see a tutorial on how to do this technique by Jessica G. HERE.
The second card uses cold laminate and fine glitter! It was fun to use the partial circle to mat the image. Dawn's looked better than mine because her circle was longer than tall!!
The final card was a clean and simple card. I had not used this set before and it was so much fun embossing all the gold tree trimmings. You can't see it too clearly in the picture but the sentiment is also embossed and there are 3 red rhinstones under it. I think it turned out great!
Well, that was a lot of fun!! We have to set a date to get together and do some more cards soon!
It's late and I'm tired so I will edit the supply list in on the weekend if you are interested!
Thanks for visiting!
Donelda

3 comments:

Kelly L said...

These cards are really great for Christmas, Donelda. I think my fave is the gold embossed one, too. Of course, if you are like me the one that takes the longest is the one I usually adore! :D Kel

Juanita said...

They are all fantastic. What is that set used on the 3rd tree? I think I must have it

Chris (catt871) said...

Great Christmas cards!!!