Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shrink Plastic Thanks

My friend was looking for some Thank You cards so I set to work to create some for her. I remembered Nichole Heady's idea of making a polyshrink slide holder frame. On her card, she put a cute little picture. I decided to use it as a place to put my sentiment. I traced Nichole's template (which you can find on her blog - see above) onto the shrink plastic and cut it out. Then I stamped it with the medium polka dots from Polka Dot Basics. When I was finished shrinking, it was the perfect size for many of the sentiments out of Mixed Messages. The flower matched perfectly and I added a button and a "banner" cut from the same 2-sided designer paper (only used the back side). Such a simple thank you card!! Coming up this week I have a very exciting secret to share with you...I'm very excited...... Supplies: - Paper - Whisper White (SU!), designer paper is DCWV or Making Memories (can't remember); Ink-Lovely Lilac (SU!); Stamps-Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink); Other - Shrink Plastic, flower (unknown), button (from Great Grandma Mary's collection). Thanks for dropping by! Donelda

8 comments:

Deanna said...

This is gorgeous Donelda!

Chris (catt871) said...

SOOO PRETTY!! I WANT TO HEAR YOUR SECRET SOOOO BADLY!!!! I can't believe you kept it from me!!! BTW, I tagged you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ! love the shrink frame !!
and i'm so curious about your secret...

Anonymous said...

Your teasing .... great card, I'll come back later for the surprise, if I must! You sound pretty excited so it can only be awesome news.

:) Marcia
SBS4

Deb said...

love this, what a gorgeous card!

Jessica G. said...

Another fun idea for shrink plastic -- I really like how the dots turned out!

Juanita said...

Love it. Polyshrink is such a great addition to a card!

AmethystCat said...

love this little frame. I'm definitely going to make some of those! And, love the gift card holders in the last post. very pretty!