Saturday, September 13, 2008

Casual Mid Week Challenge #23

Kimberly Crawford posted the latest Casual Mid Week Challenge #23 on the Papertrey Ink forum. I instantly knew what I wanted to do when I saw it!
It is very clean and simple. I had enough of this light blue-green Bazzill left over from another project to make 2 square cards (4 1/4" x 4 1/4"). Then I added the leaves (from Beautiful Blooms - Papertrey Ink) with Blue Bayou (Stampin' Up) stamped off once on scrap paper. I added a strip of Blue Bayou paper with the sentiment (from Simple Little Things - Papertrey Ink) repeated across the middle in Blue Bayou ink. Finally, I pulled out my sewing machine and stitched across the top and bottom with black thread.
Very simple but I like the results. I don't think I need to add a supply list, it's in the description.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

6 comments:

Mary I said...

Donelda, I love your clean and simple approach to this sketch. It's very classy and very pretty.

Chris (catt871) said...

Very pretty!!!! I love the colours!!

Jessica G. said...

Great job with the sketch, Donelda! I love the clean and simple look; combine it with botanicals and you have a favorite of mine! This is a fun sketch; I think I'll give it a go, too.

Juanita said...

I wish my simple cards would look as fantastic as this! It is like you are channeling Nichole Heady!

Lorraine said...

love the simplicity of the card. wonderful, tfs

Sandra Smart said...

beautiful card!