Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Clean and Simple Feather Card

I LOVE feathers!! And I've decided that I should use them more often on my cards. Here is a card that I made a bit ago that includes 3 beautiful brown feathers!! Where did I get them? In a bag at Michaels ~ there were no birds injured in the making of this card!! LOL The card is clean and simple. A Chocolate Chip card base with More Mustard on top. Along the bottom is a strip of designer paper that matches the mustard and some Au Chocolat paper too! There is a stirp of leather tied across the top of those feathers and a few buttons added! Finally, finished off the card with a happy birthday sentiment (my favorite!!). I think this could easily be a masculine card. Supplies: Papers-Chocolate Chip, More Mustard (SU!), Au Chocolate (SU!), Yellow Polka Dots (unknown); Stamps - Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!); Other - Feathers, buttons, leather strip, corner rounder. Thanks for dropping in for a visit tonight! Donelda

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Stunning! I just love interesting things on cards and this is awesome!

AmethystCat said...

how fun! My mom popped past your blog and mentioned your fun feather card so I had to check it out. :)

Genevieve said...

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Bob is a nickname lol most people call me Genevieve. Love your feather card :)

Juanita said...

What a great idea, I have never thought of feathers. You may well start a new trend here!
I got your scraps yesterday. I will try to get to the card tonight!