Monday, September 15, 2008

Glitter Card and Chris' Scrap Card #2

First up is this Glitter Card. You see, I bought some Sookwang tape and a whole bunch of fine glitter a long time ago and have used it very little!! So, after watching Kristina Werner's Make a Card Monday where she used glitter, I pulled out my own goodies and went to work. I ended up with this really clean and simple card. I kept it simple because the glitter needed to be front and center with no need for backup!! Note the sentiment which is actually a straight stamp from Papertrey Ink - one of the reasons why I love acrylic stamps. Supplies: Paper - Kraft, Whisper White (Stampin' UP!), Stamps - Simple Little Things (Papertrey Ink), Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Other - Sookwang tape, fine glitter (Jewel Glitter Ritz), leaf punch (Punch Bunch), 1 1/4" circle punch, hobby knife.

Next up is my second Scrap Card with Chris. This is the crap.....I mean scrap that she sent me. Now what the heck am I supposed to do with this stuff!! I mean, it is supposed to be 3 pieces. Chris, she's such a keener that she sent me 3 pieces of scrap paper AND a nice little embellishment! For a gal that's never used more than one piece of designer paper on a card at a time, 3 pieces is next to impossible. So.............................

................................. I did a little "cheating".

I took the pink circles and punched them out. Added that to the existing embellishment. I also used the main green piece of designer paper. Then, this is where the cheating took place...see the white photo corners....well, they are made from that 3rd piece of designer paper, the one with all the little squares on it. I tried and tired to make it work with all the other goodies and I couldn't .... so I embissed it with some white embossing powder and, voila, it works!! Hope you like it Chris, you little stinker!!

Supplies- Scrap from Chris! Paper - Groovy Guava, Whisper White (Stampin Up!), Ink-Mellow Moss (it matched the MM cardstock that made up the embellishment), Stamps - Happy Harmony (Stampin' Up!), Other - white embossing powder, corner rounder, white gel pen, 1/2" circle punch. Thanks for visiting!! Donelda

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Brilliant! Your stuff is on the way!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOWZERS!!! That is great thinking....not cheating necessarily......lol!!! I like what you did with the pink circles, VERY clever!!!

Kelly L said...

LOL . . . I guess sending stuff that doesn't clash isn't a requirement. You girls are TOO funny. I love the addition of the pink circles, and how clever of you with the white corners. I thought you were going to say it was the same paper just turned over to the white side. LOL