Monday, September 1, 2008

A Boy and His Pajamas

A few days ago I sent my husband and son out to buy some new clothes, for the younger of the two! Well, they did get the few items on the list but they also arrived home with these pajamas for my son. It may be tricky to see in this blurry picture (sorry, evening here but I wanted to get the pic uploaded tonight so lighting was poor!) but they adorned with pictures of Mario from the Nintendo game - my son's latest interest. BUT - they are MEN's pajamas in size small but still wwwaaaaayyyy too big. But how could I resist the two of them when they were smiling ear to ear at their cleverness "You could hem them mom!!". So today, I set to work hemming the pants. I left a lot of room to take down since my son is growing very fast. Regardless, I had to cut A LOT of material off the bottoms. And I just couldn't throw it away. So, I decided to make this little book for him! Not sure what he will do with it but you should have seen his face when he saw it!! He was SUPER excited!! Ahhh, that feels good!
The book was simple. I used some blue cardstock, measured it to fit around the book and scored at the folding parts. Then I sewed the material piece to a mat of Real Red cardstock (my son really liked the look of the sewing). Finally, I printed the Nintendo symbol onto some white cardstock using my computer and the handy-dandy internet. I cut it out and made little slits for the ribbon to go through. I attached the ribbon on to the back of the red cardstock and then attached the whole thing to the blue cover of the book.
It is when I can do special things like this that make this craft special!! I know it was special when my son gave me a great big hug!!
Supplies: Paper-blue (unknown), Real Red, Whisper White (SU!); Other-sewing maching, pajama scraps, computer, red ribbon (unknown).
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

4 comments:

AmethystCat said...

fun story and love how you used the scrap fabric to make a little book. He'll love those pajamas! :)

Deanna said...

Kids are the toughest to impress, awesome!! Love how you used the jammies! So kewl!

Chris (catt871) said...

Awesome!!! Those will be his favourite jammies for YEARS!!!! Love the little book - he can use it for all his creative ideas!!!!

Kelly L said...

Terrific story. Really made me smile. I am sure he will wear those PJs thin!! :) Great book you created with the scraps, too. Way To Go, Mom!!