Monday, September 22, 2008

Mom's Birthday

My mom's birthday was on Sunday. this is the card I sent her. While she hasn't received it yet, I'm not worried of her seeing this because she does not check my blog!
I really like how this cardboard heart turned out as a focal image. I cut the heart shape out of some light cardboard. Then I stamped my Script background using Chocolate Chip ink. Then, I added some flowers and leaf images. Finally, I did a little sponging around the edges.
I placed the heart onto a piece of Bazzill cardstock with some great texture!! Then I ripped the bottom leaving just enough room on the bottom to put a sentiment and a button.
I added the cute little butterfly, some little seed beads for the body, some flowers and buttons. Even my hubby said how much he liked this one....always a promising sign!!
And here is the card my son made for Granny!! One evening he was in my craft room and saw this great pink button sitting on my desk. He got really excited and said "I know exactly what kind fo card I could make with that button" (Not sure where he ever heard of that before????). So the next morning he went into my craft room and came out with THIS GREAT CARD!!! Pretty cute hey??!! Granny is sure to Love it!!
Heart Birthday
Supplies: Paper-Kraft (Stampin; Up), burgandy (Bazzill); Ink - Bravo Burgandy, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Green Craft inks (Color Box); Stamps - Petal Prints, Script (retired) (Stampin' Up), Simple Little Things (Papertrey Ink); Other - Flowers (Prima), buttons (grandma's stash), hemp, butterfly punch (Martha Stewert), sponge, brown seed beads.
Piggy Card
Supplies: Paper-Pink (un known), Pixie Pink, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Stamps-Simple Little Things (Papertrey Ink), another version of itty bitty backgrounds -forget the actual name at this very minute (Stampin' Up!); Ink-Pixie Pink, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Other - button (unknown), pink wire (unknown), red ribbon (unknown), corner ticket punch (Stampin' Up!).
Thanks for dropping in again!!
Donelda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother's card is fabulous. Give her cyber happy birthday from me.

Tammy said...

Beautiful and cute cards!!!

Tsmmy
SBS4

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card for your mom -- I still love that Petal Prints set! And your son definitely picked up his mom's creative gene; the pig card is hilarious! And he's right -- the button is a perfect nose.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful card for your mom and your son's card has genius written all over it!

Chris (catt871) said...

Gorgeous!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR CARD!!!! And I think your son got YOUR talent...he is the next Tim Holtz!!!!!

Deanna said...

Ah too cute that he made a card, yours is beautiful!

Hey I got your crap and i have mailed yours so I will wait to post the card I made until you let me know that you got mine and made something! Then we can post at the same time! Sound fun!

Kelly L said...

Oh my, your card is really lovely, Donelda. I had to click on the picture to soak up all the detail. I just love the textured cs, and the heart is perfect!

Now for that young man's card -- Wowzers! That is one CUTE pig. He is right it is a perfect nose, and I also love the wire-y tail and sweet little hearts. I think Grandma is well loved for sure.

Btw, received my card today, too. It was so beautiful to read such lovely comments from you as well. You really touched my heart. {{hugs}} Kel

Anonymous said...

Oh Donelda, your mum's card is so beautiful. Your style here is amazing. Truly stunning.

:) Marcia
SBS4