Monday, September 1, 2008

Another Scrap Card and Lauren's Sketch

Yes, I've been cleaning out my scrap bin, the place I put bits and pieces of background, stamped images, punches, etc. that were for other projects but didn't get used.
As you can see, I had a whole bunch of circles. They were all punched out and the edges were sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. All just sitting in there. Obviously, they were intended for some project or other...but never got used. So I used them today!!
I scored a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then adheared the circles in the middles of each square. Then I used this little butterfly which was also in my scrap bin!! I added 3 Swarovski crystals on the body for a little added bling! Then, I added a bit of sponging around the vanilla panel and attached this to a piece of K&Co. pink designer paper from my scrap paper pile. Many of the circle pieces are from K&Co. paper as well with a bit of Basic Grey paper in there too!! (two of my favorite paper lines!!). Finally, I put all this onto a Kraft card base.
I've got to say it feels really good using some of this stuff!
This second card also has some items from my scrap bin. See those 3 little fishes...they had been stamped onto a home-made piece of designer paper. It was cardstock that was brushed with some purple and blue watercolor paint (click on the image to get a closer view). And they were all ready cut out! Just sitting there waiting to be used. As well, that background piece was also in my scrap bin. It it watercolor paper that was also brushed with blue and green watercolor paint. I am amazed at how different it looks in this photo since the blues and greens are much more pronounced in real life, not so white as it shows here (sorry!!). I followed Laruen Meader's sketch challenge to make the card. It was rather simple since all these pieces were waiting to be used!! I'm not truely in love with this card...might have to play a little with it!! Anyone have any suggestions???
Well, thanks for dropping in for a visit!
Donelda

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Great cards!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the dot card, who would have thought to create a card with scraps like that!!!! Awesome Donelda, I'm really liking your work at the moment.

:) Marcia

Chris (catt871) said...

I think they are both perfect!!!! You go girl!!! Your scrap bin must be empty by now (unless of course it is the size of mine!!!)

Catherine said...

love both cards but i really like the first one alot, way to use your scraps =)

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love them. The shimmer is perfection. Love it.