Sunday, September 21, 2008

Loonie Stamper Challenge #7

Deanna picked the colors for the 7th Loonie Stampers Challenge. And great colors for halloween!! I decided to make a tag that I will add to my son's Halloween goodie bag. I try to make him an extra special bag of sweet treats and home-made goodies. I cut the tag out of Summer Sunrise cardstock. Since I don't have any Papertrey Ink halloween stamps, I used this witch. My wonderful husband picked her up for me at Micheals (in the $1.50 bin) a few weeks ago. Wasn't that nice of him!! She lookes great stamped in black on that bright yellow-orange!! Then, I added some stars and dots around her and the moon. I cut some thin strips of Plum Pudding and Black cardstock to add along the bottom. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up but it is all together on the stamp. I was able to seperate it using my handy dandy Stamp-a-ma-jig. What did I do before I bought it??? Drop in and see all the other Loonie stampers: Jewels, Regan, Charlene, and two new ladies Maria and Wendy!! You might notice the furry background in this picture and be wondering...what the????? WELL, you see, my goofy cat has decided that my photo box makes a nice place to sleep!! Sheesh!! I
had to take a pic to show you!! What a cat!!! Supplies: Paper - Summer Sunrise, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink), Basic Black (Stampin' Up); Stamps - witch (Michael's dollar fifty bin), Text Boxed (Papertrey Ink), Fancy Flexible Phrases (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Other - black marker (Zig), 1/4" hole punch (Stampin' Up!), Stamp-a-ma-jig. Thanks for dropping by. Anyone want a cat???!!!! Donelda

13 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Cute tag! And cute kitty! Have you seen the LOLcats website? If not, google it and check out the awesome captioned kitty pics. It's so funny you'll hurt yourself laughing! (I'd post a link, but i don't like links in my blog comments...just don't know where they go, KWIM?)

Jessica G. said...

Let's see -- your light box is cozy and has it's own heat source; what could be better for a cat?? My cat sleeps on top of my stamping supplies that I have in box lids; how comfy is that?!

Chris (catt871) said...

CUTE!!! Your DH is awesome! I can't even get mine to the door of Michael's!!! Actually he did go there to get me a Cricut for my birthday but walked right out again when he found out how much they were! LOL What a guy! I love your cat!!! Scraps #3 is in the mail - Scrap card #2 is posted on my blog!!!

Deanna said...

Hahaha, I thought that was a hat in the background! Love your little tag, that witch stamp reminds me of Bewitched! :)

Thanks for playing with us, you rock!

Mary I said...

Very cute Halloween tag!

Your cat cracks me up, but that's a very cat-like thing to do (trying to help you with your stamping I'm sure). My cat curls up under my feet while I'm at my craft table and I almost always step on her by accident, yet she keeps coming back.

Regan said...

OMG- I laughed out loud- that cat too funny, I know mine is always stuffing himself all aound and over my craft stuff

really cute tag!!!!

Bonnie said...

Very funny picture!! With your cat I mean! Love that tag!!

Charlene Austin said...

Awwwww....he's so cute!

And the tag is great. I love that stamp. I definitely did not see that at my Michaels or I would have snapped it up. Thanks so much for playing LSC again Donelda!!

Alley said...

Ahhh...love the kitty!

Anonymous said...

Bwaa ha ha! Your tag is adorable and your cat is hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your witch tag!! Reminds me of the opening credits of Bewitched! (sexy witch). :D :D

Kelly L said...

Very cute tag, thoughtful husband and typical cat. LOL My cat will lay in anything round or square that he can fit in. If it is on the floor, it is fair game to him. Lmbo I thought your first pic looked like a cat tail, but I thought nah, he wouldn't hold still for that -- guess he did?! :D LOL Kel

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Hey! Sorry it took me so long to come have a peek. But boy am I glad that I did...That cat sure cracked me up and your tag is SO adorable. It has me thinking of all the cute little tags I could make for the Kindergarten class!! Thanks for playing...what until you see Oct. 3 Colors!!!