Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Black Magic Flowers

I often check out the daily challenges posted over at Splitcoaststampers and I even try a few. However, I rarely get them photographed, uploaded, and linked to the appropriate thread. But tonight was different!! Lynn (aka Lynn in St. Louis) gave instructions on a technique I'd heard before but have never tried...Black Magic TLC184, and it sounded like a lot of fun. Well, it was so much fun that I finished the card and wanted to instantly upload it and share it with everyone! I started out with the black piece of cardstock and stamped the white images on with craft ink. I waited for it to dry (...well, okay, I used my heat tool to make it dry quicker!) and then proceeded to color in the flowers with my Prismacolor pencil crayons and odorless mineral spirits. I added the sentiment on a piece of Lavender Moon cardstock and cut the scallops from the same, cut the piece in half and added them to either side. The whole thing got attached to a card made out of cardstock Vellum!! I love the soft look it adds to the dramatic focal piece. Supplies: Paper-Basic Black, Cardstock Vellum (Stampin' Up!), Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink); Stamps-Beautiful Blooms, Wedding Day (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Basic Black, Whisper White (craft) (Stampin' Up!); Other-pencil crayons (Prismacolor), odorless mineral spirits, scallop scissors (Provo Craft), piercing template (Tim Holtz ruler), piercing tool (my University biology dissecting kit - go figure). Give this great technique a try!! Thanks for visiting, Donelda

3 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

very pretty and very dramatic!!! I love the look of those flowers on the black paper!!!! I WILL try this technique as soon as my black paper gets here!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty. I have seen this technique done and it certainly gets great results.

:) Marcia

Kelly L said...

Very pretty. I love the white on black, and your coloring really pops off the paper. Great technique!! :) Kel