Sunday, February 19, 2012

Play Date Cafe #119 and One Layer Wednesday (OLW) - Hello

I love a black and white + splash of colour challenges!  This one was certainly no exception!  I decided to combine it with this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge - to use 3 or more stamps on your one layer card.


Here is my first card using a new set of stamps (Happy Spring Day - Inkadinkado).   The butterfly and flower centers were coloured in using a blender pen and some Raspberry Fizz ink (Papertrey Ink).  Love masking!


And my second card, however, as you can see I used different colours and added a border of the word 'friend' from Gracious Vases (Papertrey Ink).



Fun, fun, fun!

Hope you are having a wonderful long weekend.  I know I am!
Donelda

12 comments:

Nicole P. said...

Wow, these cards are beautiful! Your sponging is just perfect, and I love the little differences between the two cards.

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful cards Donelda. Love the friends around the edge you did. I could never do that . Great job on both cards.

kingstonmama said...

Very pretty. I really like how you stamped a border of words to frame the image on the second card. Ann Y.

catherine said...

Oh these are really stylish cards Donelda
x catherine

Bonnie said...

The first card is very pretty, but the second one really rocks! I love the frame of words.

Lindsey said...

Both of these are so very pretty! The sponged backgrounds really set the image off nicely.

Michelle said...

Donelda, these are just lovely! I especially love the border on the second card, so well done! :-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, I really like both of these cards, Donelda! The wrap around text on the second one is a beautiful touch.

Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Susan said...

Donelda, two great cards! I love the soft pink of the first one, but the second one is FAB with the word border!

Mynn xx said...

These are FABULOUS! LOVE the word frame you created on the second one!!! Marvelous! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! You have every reason to love masking! Plus, you've done it so well here! Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Angela said...

Both beautifully done!