Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Home-made Rubber Stamps #2 - Chevron

If you were here yesterday you will know that I have been playing around with making my own stamps.  I first saw it on Godelieve's blog who is taking a course from Julie Baltzer. 

Here is my second attempt ... actually a bunch of different styles of chevron. I don't own a chevron set so I thought this would come in handy.  You should see all the great cards I created with it!


Here is one example:


This particular Chevron I call "chevron stitched".  I thought it kinda looked like a jean pocket ... which reminded me of this star I had made out of some old jeans.  I think the end result is real rustic looking.  This card would be great for a young boy or teenager.

Tomorrow will be my Crafty Creations Challenge but then I'll be back on Thursday with some more cards using some of the other Chevron stamps I created!  One might just be a Christmas card!!

Thanks for dropping by, Donelda

6 comments:

Juanita said...

Love the stamps and the card you have made!
Great work.

Linda Palmer said...

I love this card, perfect like you said for a masculine card. Great job. Going to go check the one I missed yesterday. I am also having so much trouble with the new format on the code to link to you guys that use it. I have to try 4-5 times to get a comment posted.

Lindsey said...

I'm thinking this is a brilliant way to get have some of the "trendier" images without spending a ton of bucks! Of course, it requires the talent to create them. These chevrons are awesome! Terrific first example, too. (I'm with Linda -- the new word verification is much more annoying than it used to be. :P)

Donelda said...

I agree too that the word verification is even more of a pain than it used to be! I'd love to turn mine off but the last few times I did I had huge trouble with crazy posts and viruses!!

Jenny said...

I love your homemade chevron stamps. The striped border looks awesome :0)
Jenny x

Angela said...

That "jean star" is so cool!