Monday, February 20, 2012

Home-made Rubber Stamps #1 - Star

So I love to check out what Godelieve is doing on her blog regularly as she is an amazing crafter.  I was intrigued when I read that she was taking a class from Julie Balzer on carving your own stamps.  I loved what Godelieve was showcasing but can't take the course - so I started checking out this whole stamp-making adventure on line and decided to just go for it!

Here is my first stamp ... a little star... and a card I made with it.


I decided to buy some cheap Dollar Store white erasers to start with so I didn't want to waste the "good stuff" (sheesh, I'm even hoarding stamp rubber! LOL)

Stay tuned for the rest of the week as I will be posting a number of my other stamps and cards created with them.

Thanks, Donelda

5 comments:

Heather T said...

What a clever idea to try carving on dollar store erasers. Like you I have been intrigued by Godelieve's carved stamps. Now I will be watching yours with interest too.
Thanks for the inspiration and the cute card.

Lindsey said...

... of course, you could also use a potato (remember potato-stamping?) but hey, potatoes cost money, too! :P Your star has just the right amount of whimsy -- it makes a great image and card!

Sandy said...

Good gracious - homemade stamps. I can't even get the hang of homemade coloring!!!! Your star is perfect and did make such a pretty card. Wow!
Sandy

Juanita said...

I love that you are making your own stamps now!
But sure have to laugh that now you are hoarding the rubber to make them! Crafters sure are a crazy bunch.

Angela said...

Great CAS card!