Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crafty Creations Challenge #156 - Swirly Whirly Owl Greetings

This week I am playing along with my Crafty Creations Challenge friends.  This week Claire is sponsoring with some great Swirly Whirly images for us to use!!  So much fun!!  



I paper pieced the owl using some Basics Kraft (BasicGrey) and used Copics on parts.  I also coloured and cut leaves out from a second image and layered them as well.  The branches and little hearts were coloured with Copics as well and I used Glossy Accents on the little hearts to make them shine!

Head over to the Crafty Creations Challenge blog to see what everyone else did with Clair's great images.

Donelda

11 comments:

Katy said...

This is such a cool card! Love the owl and glossy accents is so much fun to make things pop like the hearts!

marilynprestonn said...

This is a winner birthday card my dear. I love your fine details in coloring this so whimsical and cute owl from sweet Claire. Way to go with the sponging. :)Peggy

Claire Phillips said...

Just beautiful Donelda full of gorgeous details - I really love it! Cheers Claire x

Deena Perreault said...

Gorgeous coloring and paper piecing! I love the glossy little hearts too, Donelda! Beautiful card.
hugs,Deena

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card! Beautiful coloring and beautiful paper piecing. Great card!

catherine said...

such a lovely card Donelda nd lovely cute image
x catherine

Lindsey said...

Wow! Your combination of paper-piecing and colouring is perfect! Glad to see the Glossy Accents out again, too. ;)

craftyb said...

You did a great job with this image Donelda - he initially took me out of my comfort zone but in end I enjoyed working with him!bx

Heather B said...

Wow! I love that image. The sentiment on the branch looks terrific!

Unknown said...

adorable! i love the swirly sentiment along the branch. great design.

Angela said...

Cute image...great one-layer card!