Saturday, February 11, 2012

One Layer Wednesday (OLW) #78 and Play Date Cafe 118 - Celebrate Circles

So the latest One Layer Wednesday challenge that Susan R. threw at us was to use "at least 5 circles on a card".  Well at first I was stumped.... but not for long!! And then I got inspired by the colours of the latest Play Date Cafe challenge ....


Here is the card I ended up with ....


Stamped the open circles (Polka Dot Basics, PTI) and filled them in with the Play Date Cafe colours (Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Wild Honey - Ranger).  Check it .. there are 17 circles!!  So there, Susan!!  Haha!! Sentiment is from Think Big Favorites #4 (PTI) with a half rhinstone for emphasis .. the 17th circle!!

There,  that was fun.
Off to see what everyone else came up with ...

Donelda

12 comments:

Katy said...

Very pretty! I really like how the colors came out! I have seen that one layer challenge, I need to try it--I keep paying extra money at the post office for brads and pop dots ;)

Linda Palmer said...

So pretty. Love this one layer beauty. Your ideas are amazing.

Susan said...

I'm curious...how do you add color with the ranger inks? The card looks fabulous...and the colors are so bright and cheerful!

Denise said...

A one layer wonder! I love this graphic look with the circles - perfect for this week's bold colors in the Cafe. Thanks so much for joining us at the PDCC - so happy to have you!

Mynn xx said...

This is beautiful!!! LOVE that little extra bling down by the sentiment! :)

Unknown said...

beautiful. your creativity amazes me

Ardyth said...

Love this! Great colours and simple, clean design!

Bonnie said...

What a great card, Donelda! I love those bright, multi-color circles.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a FABULOUS design, Donelda! And these colors look fantastic on your field of white! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Pauline said...

You did a great job of coloring. I really liked the colors. So eye catching
Hugs
Pauline

Ruby said...

Now why don't I think to do something so CAS with the colours, this is fab! I love it! I do make hard work of my cards sometimes lol. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Susan Raihala said...

Fabby olw, Donelda! The colors are so cheerful and, yes, there are LOTS of circles!!!! Thanks for playing the OLW!