Wednesday, March 25, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party #14

Well, it was my turn to pick the theme for the smARTworks Tea Party this week. Since I have been making a ton of inchies for the inchie swap I am in, I decided to go with the inchie theme.
Inchies are so much fun! It is amazing what you can do with a 1"x 1" square of cardstock. I love using inchies on cards, as you could tell by all the samples I added to the announcement post.
Here, I stamped this great butterfly in different colors. Then, I strategically cut them out using my 1" square punch. Off-centering the butterflies makes for great creative opportunities. I added a black mat using a 1 1/4" square punch and some rhinstones to the wings. Next, I used this smARTworks background stamp by adding small spots of the colors that I used for the butterflies. I cut this down and then used one of the colors to make a matching mat. I added the sentiment and put all of this onto a white card base. Because it was so much fun, I decided to make a second card. I started out with the same butterflies but this time changed the layout. I added a sentiment square and put all of this onto a piece of white cardstock. I added some black cording to the bottom and then did some tearing. I rarely think to do tearing on my card, even though I think it adds a lot of character and dimension.
Finally, I added some black silhouette flowers (edited to add - this flower stamp is also from the smARTworks Cookie Plate set - sorry I forgot to add that information earlier -- you can not buy this set but can earn it with smART Bucks -- go HERE to read more about that) onto the white card base and attached the focal image with dimensions.
Now to see what all the other cookies did with this challenge:
And now it is your turn to share what you did with this challenge. Just leave a comment to any of the design team's blogs, like here :-), with a link to your creation. I can't wait to see what you did with your inchies!!
It's another double post day because I'll be participating in the Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop later tonight....so be sure to come back and see the backgrounds I made!!!!
Thanks for dropping in,
Donelda

6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Another great way to use those inchies, Donelda! I really like the silhouette flowers and the background technique you used in the first card, too.

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards Donelda. You are so good!!!
Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are lovely. I think the off center butterflies are a wonderful idea. I wish I could remember to do the tearing more often. Could you please tell us which of the flower stamps you used on the second card?

Trish D said...

Love those butterflies! Both cards are great, but I *really* like the second one. Thanks for the fun challenge (even if I sort of took the easy way out ;)

Susan T. said...

Butterflies and black matting... I like your stlye! (hee hee)

Seriously, I really like each of you tiled configurations.

Donna said...

Beautiful! I really like the pastels with the black.