Monday, March 9, 2009

smARTworks - Rainbow Blooms

Check this out!!! I created this awesome background using the Alpha Garden Delights stamps from smARTworks!! It was easy. I simply drew some light lines on a piece of what cardstock. Then I stamped the different letters onto the stamp turning the odd letter. Then, I colored the leaves and flowers using a watercolor brush!! The rest of the card is pretty straight forward. The little flower on the corner of the sentiment is from the Daisy Square stamp set, another new set from smARTworks. I stamped it onto vellum and then painted the back fo the vellum with some pink ink. Supplies: Stamps-Alpha Garden Delights, Daisy Square (smARTworks); Cardstock-Whisper White, Pixie Pink (Stampin' UP!); Ink-Jet Black (Archival Ink), Pixie Pink, Green Gaore, YoYo Yellow, and a mix of Lovely Lilac and Orchid Opulance to get the irght color of purple (all Stampin' Up!); Other - rainbow ribbon (Michael's), watercolor brush, vellum. Thanks from dropping in!! Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Cool card, Donelda!

Jessica G. said...

Great way to create personalized (and fun) DP! Love the rainbow tulle ribbon, too!

Anonymous said...

Great card. I love lettering. Used to do calligraphy. I think I have something in mind to do along your lines with my newest alphabet stamp set.