Friday, March 27, 2009

Alcohol Inked Butterfly

Isn't this background so pretty! The magic is in Alcohol Inks by Ranger! They are amazing!! For this background I used Lettuce, Meadow, and Caramel.
The butterfly is stamped onto cold laminate (like acetate only with a sticky side). Once it is dry, I added yellow and red Pearl Ex to the sticky side! It is really shimmery in person. Finally, I added some bling and the sentiment along the bottom of the card front and attached it all to the white card base.
Supplies: Stamp - Bliss (smARTworks); Ink-Jet Black (StazOn), various alcohol inks (Ranger); Paper-Glossy white, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Other-Pearl Ex (Stamin' Up!), cold laminate, rhinstones.
Thanks for dropping in for a visit!
Donelda

6 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

That bling is fabulous! I just adore how the "trail" it creates emphasizes the meaning of the sentiment. I'm trying to do more of this sort of thing myself, and it's a challenge...one you've met beautifully here!

Terri said...

Very cool! I hope you are feeling better.

Giovana said...

This card is really pretty Donelda. I have totry this technique.

Thanks for the inspiration.
God bless
Giovana

Chris (catt871) said...

This is STUNNING!!!!!!!!! LOVE this!!!!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous! You really inspire me to finally open up my alcohol inks!! What a great way to stamp your butterfly image, too.

Jane said...

This is stunning! I need to break out my alcohol inks more often.

Jane
SBS4