Wednesday, March 11, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party #13 - Case a Cookie

So this time Dina came up with a great idea for our tea party - to look to the design team members for inspiration and 'Case' (which stands for 'copy and share everything') one of their cards changing at least 2 of the elements. My mission was to browse through Donna's blog which gave me lots of inspiration...so much that I couldn't just make one card. I had to make 2!!
So, my first card found it's inspiration from THIS card by Donna. When I saw it weeks ago, I knew I wanted to case it way back then, so this was an easy choice. One of the reasons I wanted to do the case is because I have so much blue scrap paper that I knew it would be a great way to use some of it up! The card is pretty straight forward. The squares are all 1 1/4". I used only part of the sentiment from Daisy Square. The butterflies are colored using my new Copic markers. I am starting to "get the hang" of these markers and how they work, but still need tons of practice. Obviously I changed the color combo, the stamped images (I don't have those cute little frogs), and the sentiment, of course.
Supplies: Stamps - Small Trio, Daisy Square (smARTworks); Ink - Brillance Graphic Black (Archival); Paper-Whisper White, So Saffron (Stampin' Up!), various scrap designer paper; Other - Copic markers, rectangle and scallop rectangle nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provocraft), dimensionals, black marker. And here is my second second card based on THIS card by Donna. I loved the plaid paper behind the focal image on Donna's card so that is where I started. I'm not sure if Donna's paper was designer paper or if she made it. But regardless, I decided to make my own plaid paper using my Copic markers. This time I remembered to note the colors I used. They include YG03 (Yellow Green), YR04 (Chrome Orange), B14 (Light Blue). I also used a black marker in there and, I've got to say, I really like how it turned out!! I might have to try that again!! And then, there is Susan's suggestion that the HUGE butterfly from the set Bliss should be used with shrink plastic. I had to try it and she is so right, it is the perfect size for a shrinked
butterfly!! I colored it in with my Prisma
Pencilcolor crayons. The rest is pretty straight forward. My changes from Donna's card: Different stamped image (again, I don't own that cute froggy!), I changed the background and went with a more solid color with just some versamark images stamped on there, and I don't have Labels 1 so I used a Lables 2 die under the butterfly.
Supplies: Stamps-Bliss, WD-60 {sentiment}, Cookie Plate {little butterflies on backgroud} (all smARTworks); Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Versamark; Paper - Whisper White, Certainly Celery (Stampin' Up!), scrap blue designer paper; Other - shrink plastic, Lable 2 nestability (Spellbinders), alcohol ink markers (Copic), spring moss twill (Papertrey Ink), black marker (Stampin' Up!), black brads (Making Memories) Pencilcolor crayons (Prisma).
So, now it is time to go check out and see what the other Cookies have done with thier cases!!
Susan, Dina, Giovana, Donna, Peggy (on Susan's blog), Sarah (on Susan's blog). And we had Michelle play with us this week too!! What fun. she made 3 cards. You can see them if you click on the comments and copy and paste her links into your browser. Thanks for dropping in for tea Michelle!!
Now it is your turn....show us what you cased!! Just leave a comment with a link to your card so we can all see your fun case!!
Thanks for dropping in for tea today!!
Donelda

7 comments:

Juanita said...

both are beautiful. Love the layout of the first one.

Giovana said...

Both cards are just beautiful!!
Awesome job Donelda.

God bless
Giovana

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. I envy anyone who can do a layout using the squares. I have trouble picking out the right colors and getting them lined up well. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous butterflies -- don't you love those addictive Copics?? And I really like how your butterflies pop on the grey DP. Such a fun sketch on the second card, too!

Michelle Adams said...

I absolutely LOVE your cards!!! Beautiful work! I especially love the shrink plastic butterly!!!

This Tea Party was so much fun! I couldn't resist...I had to CASE three cards! Here are the ones I did:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1271122?cat=500&ppuser=133522

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1271128?cat=500&ppuser=133522

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1271143?cat=500&ppuser=133522

Thanks for inviting us to participate!!!

Donna said...

It is such an honor to be cased by you Donelda! I love your version of both my cards. Those butterflies absolutely pop against the grey-blue squares on the first one. And that DP you made for the second one...fabulous! I'm going to have to try that myself. And that butterfly is gorgeous...wow!

Anonymous said...

Love the butterflies! Beautiful cards!