Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Monkey!

I made this for a friend of my son. He is a little monkey so when I sat down to create his card, I knew I had to use this little Chagito monkey!!
I colored in Chagito using my new Copic markers.
The mat behind the image was created to match perfectly by using the Mustard Copic marker on a piece of white cardstock. The stripes were a bit of leftover from an old project. I made the strips using the "Plaid Maker" from Stampin' Up (no longer sold). But it was only the dark brown strip. I added the line of mustard by drawing it with the Mustard Copic marker. Same with the sentiment, the outline was simply drawn with the Copic marker. And talking about sentiment...don't you love that one! Heheeh, I will admit that I had made the e like that by accident...but upon looking at it, I loved it!! It was perfect... a happy accident!!
Supplies: Stamps-Changito (Stampabilities), Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink), letter stamps (Dollar Store); Ink-Chocolate Chip, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Paper-Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Other - oval nestabilities (Spellbinders), Plaid Maker (Stampin' Up! - no longer sold).
Thanks for dropping in for a visit! Donelda

5 comments:

Alley said...

what a fun monkey card. I like the layers and papers used.

Juanita said...

The sentiment is cute. You made your own paper? It looks great!

Chris (catt871) said...

SOOO cute!!! I love what you did with the "e"...too funny!!!!

Jessica G. said...

You've joined the copic fan club and it looks like you've already mastered the technique -- great coloring! The changito is perfect for a boy card. Do you need an Tildas for those girl cards??

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

That is such a cute card!