Friday, March 13, 2009

On being proud!

Tonight my husband tested for his black belt in Tae Kwon Do. We started classes together. It was fun because I could kick his butt but he was gentleman enough to know better than to kick mine. Unfortunately, I grew wary of keeping up with the 'younger crowd' but he didn't. In fact, he bacame more and more interested in it!! He realized he was in better shape than he had been in a long time and enjoying a form of exercise! He set a goal to test for his black belt and be in the best shape of his life by the time he turned 40 years of age. He set his sights high and rose to the occassion!! I am so proud of his dedication, determination, and sheer grit to do it!! I am so proud that he is always working to be the best he can be...the best at Tae Kwon Do, the best husband, the best father, the best son, the best brother, the best friend, the best neighbor. Yes, I am so very proud of him!! Thanks for dropping in tonight. I'll be back to cards tomorrow! Donelda

5 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Isn't it super when our guys achieve this level of success through dedication, hard work, and sheer determination!?! I know how I felt when George finished his second Ironman...totally amazed! Congrats to your DH on his black belt. That's an amazing achievement!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Honey,
All of your support through the past 4 years has been very helpful in my achievement.
It's good to know that you think you can still kick my butt. Wanna try one of the take-downs sometime?

Love ya,

DH

Juanita said...

Way to go Mr Wiggy's World!
I am always so impressed by stories of people in their later years (I am no spring chicken) taking on a new goal, and not just sticking with it, but mastering it!

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- you have every right to be proud! Congratulations to your DH for his dedication on working towards an admirable goal!!

Chris (catt871) said...

awww that is so awesome!!! I had tears welling up reading it, then I read your DH's reply - made me giggle!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO , how did he do?? Fill us in!!!!
Chris