Friday, September 30, 2011

One Layer Wednesday (OLW) - Inspiration from Janelle

So this week's One Layer Wednesday posted by Susan R. is a really different and very special challenge.  Susan has challenged us to be inspired by Janelle, a woman from Susan's home town who has been diagnosed with brain cancer.  Janelle is an inspriation as she faces this challenge in her life ... and we can all be inspired by her! 

I chose to use this amazing card as my inspiration - I love the colors and I adore black eyed susans. 

Here is my card.

I used Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink) with Versamark ink and Everyday Classics (Papertrey Ink Anniversary set) for the sentiment.  I have had these black eyed susan flowers for a long time but haven't used them.  The little brown frame is from one of those old Stampin' Up packages you could buy that had a bunch of die cuts in them, before dies and punches were as popular as they are today.

I hope you join us in this great challenge! 

Thanks for dropping by my blog!  I appreciate your interest and a comment if you have time to leave one.
Donelda

11 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

I love Black eyed susans. My middle name is sue and my great grandpa used to call me blackeyed susan. Beautiful card. You always make great cards. I love it.

Susan Raihala said...

Love the flourish with the flowers...and you used the die cut perfectly!!!

Unknown said...

beautiful card Donelda. The flourishes are what puts it over the edge from great to exceptional design...the overall design is so well put together and those black-eyed susans are so pretty!

Susie said...

Very lovely card. The flowers are beautiful.

Lindsey said...

Ooh, so pretty! I love that subtle flourish in the background.

Imke said...

A great way to use the sunflowers, Donelda. Quick and easy cards- they are very beautiful !!

Carol said...

Gorgeous card, Donelda...love those black eyed susans!

Janelle said...

Great use of the flourish stamp. I need to pull that set out... haven't used it in quite awhile and it is certainly worthy of lots of use! I have a bunch of those SU die cuts, too, and keep forgetting about them. May need to pull those out, too. :)
Love the sunflowers. Great card and thanks for playing along!

Susan said...

Love the bright flowers. We had a field full of black-eyed susans when I was a child, and I love them...I thought they were named for me! LOL! Beautiful card!

Marybeth said...

Both cards are beautiful , I have to say the second one is my favorite , if its ok to pick. :)

Lisa A. said...

What pretty sunflowers...such lovely cards:)!!