Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Barbles Inspiration Challenge #2 - Dreams Take Flight

I really wanted to play along with Barb and her Barbles Inspiration Chellenge #2.  Check out the picture board she supplied for us to use as inspiration!  It was so hard to focus!  In the end, I decided to go wtih the picture of the bird on the wire.


And here is my final creations.


I decided to pull out my alcohol inks to create this swirly cloudy background.  So much fun.  The silver mixative is what really made the swirls.  The image is Bird Branch from Memory Box ... a sad stamp because he has not been inked up for a long time!!  Happy now!

You should join in Barb's fun.  Link up on her blog HERE

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Total artistry, Donelda! That background is swoon-worthy. Perfect card.

Unknown said...

Lindsey's right, this is art! this is stunning! beautiful stamp, beautiful colors...thank you for linking this up and for playing along. you are so talented xx

Jessi Fogan said...

So, so beautiful! The sky is amazing :) And hurray for inking up a lonely stamp - always a bonus!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my, this is absloutely breathtaking! Beautiful, beautiful creation.

Unknown said...

Donelda, you've won a prize in the barbles challenge!!! The January release of The Alley Way Stamps is all yours :) I hope to have it in the mail to you this friday. I can't wait to see what you make with them :D thanks so much for creating something especially for my lil challenge, i'm honored. xx