Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Layer Wednesday (OLW) - Red and Pink Only

So Susan's latest One Layer Challenge #74 (a nice even number) is to create a card with red and pink ONLY.  That means no black for the sentiment or outlines.  I've got to admit I thought and thought and thought about what I was going to do.  Then I decided to do this:


I cut out a heart as a mask, stamped the word LOVE (Paper Trey from Papertrey Ink) in red in the bottome right edge of the heart.  Then I continued to add the same word repeatedly using pink ink.  While the difference is not so obvious in this poor quality picture, it stands out better in real life! Sigh!! To make sure the heart shape stood out, I did a little bit of sponging with the pink around the edges of the heart. 

Off to post and see what everyone else did with pink and red only.
Thanks for dropping by,
Donelda

11 comments:

catherine said...

This is a fab card and really elegant
x catherine

Lindsey said...

What a great idea! Very pretty, too.

Banu said...

What a great idea...Loved it.....Awesome. Superb one layer card.

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful!!! Love what you did with the heart.

librariane said...

Love the extra sponging to make the heart feel round. Great execution of the challenge!

Unknown said...

this is genius. great sentiment shape, but the sponged edges make the card! it's gorgeous.

Imke said...

Great idea and it looks perfect !!

G Peplow said...

Hi there, This looks great, your stamping looks perfectly lined up, love it, Gay xxx

Carol said...

Fabulous! How did you ever line up the word stamp so perfectly???

Susan Raihala said...

What a fabulous use of repetition in design! And the sponging was the perfect touch to accentuate the shape. PERFECT!!!

Jenny said...

Hi Donelda, I love your clever piece of masking and neat stamping...perfect CAS design for the challenge :)
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, they totally made my day :)
Jenny x