Thursday, January 5, 2012

Celebrate with Letter Press

So I have seen many other crafters creating beautiful faux letterpress backgrounds using their cuttlebug folders.  I decided I should give it a try.  I was less than impressed with my results.  I think I'll need to try it a bit more.

I also admire those who can create beautiful clusters of flowers on their cards.  I don't do it very often despite having 2 large jars full of beautiful flowers ... I just don't get how to get them attached!  Anyway, I gave it a good "go" on this card.  Any advice is welcome!!

Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

7 comments:

catherine said...

what a fabulous stylish card and loving the colours
x catherine

Linda Palmer said...

What a beautiful elegant card. Red is my second favorite color...This is wonderful, love the background, looks great to me. I use sticky dots to put my flowers on. Sometimes I use 2-3 even if they are large dots, just to make sure they stay on.

Angela said...

I think your card is very elegant...well done!

Lindsey said...

I think your faux letterpress background looks great! What a beautiful, feminine card.

Heather T said...

I really like the effect you have achieved with your cuttlebug; it is very elegant.

Imke said...

Donelda, this is really elegant.
For me, Linda is the "Flower Queen". She decorated her cards so lovely with it. I think you should ask her. I am too not so good with that.

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous. you're being too hard on yourself. the design, the colors, the accents...perfection!