Sunday, January 1, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #33 - Kraft, Twine, and Nautical

 What a great challenge going on at CAS-ual Fridays - Create a clearn and simple project using kraft and twine.  I decided to combine it with another more difficult challenge posed by a new friend of mine ... use a lighthouse image or something nautical on a christmas card. 


I adore making little embellishments like this one to cover bow knots.  The simple sentiment was all that was needed.  I didn't have any green vellum, so I used ink and sponge to make plain vellum the colour I needed. 

Off to see what other creations were made using kraft and twine at CAS-ual Fridays.
Thanks for dropping by.
Donelda

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the subtle texture of the torn panel edges. such a pretty card!

PiecesbyEmily said...

beautiful card. Love your colored vellum.

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful! Great idea again. Love the lighthouse and holly together. I love lighthouses and have so many to choose from. Love the Holly adornment you made.

Unknown said...

Wow!! You are on a creative roll. I love this one as well. Enjoying your blog today, so much to see.

JJ Bolton said...

Beautiful coloring on the lighthouse! And I love the little holly touch on the bow, so cute!

Sabr said...

oh my goodness! adorable!!!

Angela said...

So pretty...love your little embellie to cover the knot!