Monday, January 30, 2012

CASual Friday #37 and Play Date Cafe #116 - Bamboo Sympathy

I got some time to play in my craft room!  Had fun with 2 challenges ... CAS-ual Fridays #3737 (a sketch) and The Play Date Cafe#116  (plum, pear, and mouldy cheese)



Here is the card I ended up with.  I wanted to use one of my new sticky-back canvas pieces by Ranger and also a new-to-me set Peaceful Garden by Papertrey Ink.  Oh yeah, and I also pulled out my new white silk 1/4" ribbon and added some of the plum colour (using a Copic), also from Papertrey Ink. 


Here is a close up of the sentiment and bamboo on the canvas ... great texture!!  and although you can't really see it in the photo very well, I did some embossed diagonal lines on the blue cardstock.

Thanks for dropping by for a visit.  Hope you have a great week!
Donelda

7 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

This is beautiful. I love the paper with all that fiber..where did you get that. That set is perfect for a sympathy card. Love it and think you did a fabulous job.

Jinny Newlin said...

That canvas piece adds just the right amount of texture, Donelda, and it couldn't be paired any more perfectly with your stamps! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful, Donelda. Lovely colour choices, too. I've very intrigued by the sticky-back canvas -- have to keep an eye out for that!

Ruby said...

What a great idea to use canvas, it just adds a whole new dimension. Really lovely card, the bamboo works so well with the canvas! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card, love the canvas.

Laurie said...

This is very pretty! I love the canvas and that ribbon you made! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Oooh the canvas looks great under the bamboo stamp.And your gorgeous ribbon adds the perfect contrast to that torquoise.
Thanks for joinging us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)