Monday, January 2, 2012

Colour Q Challenge #117, Dilly Beans, and Lucy Abrams

I finally had a little time to sit down and do a little craft making.  I love the black and white + a colour challenges so the CQC #117 appealed to me.  And, check it out, Dilly Beans is running a red and black challenge ... which will work for my card as well!   Lucy Abrams is running with her sketch challenges this week (like she did last year) so I wanted to play along with one of those too.



I decided the strips could be home-made washi tape.  Pulled out some new Papertrey Ink products (Background Basics: Gingham, butterfly die, and Pure Poppy red ink) and got busy. Here is my card:

I've been browsing on Christine Middlecamp's blog again ... hence the many layers on the big red butterfly ... reminds me of this one I saw on her blog...


That was fun.  Think I'll drop over to these sites to see what other crafters created ....
Donelda

11 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

This is an awesome card!! Love the colors, one of my favorite color combos. I love everything about it including the large decorated butterfly.

Karin said...

Love your take on the sketch! It's a beauty, love those butterflies, love the colours.

Unknown said...

this is stunning D! i adore everything about it :)

Lindsey said...

I've just caught up on two weeks of your blog, Donelda! Sorry I've been missing all your amazing creativity. This may be one of my favourites, though -- lots going on, but still so clean and graphic! Way to go on the homemade washi tape.
A belated Happy New Year! Looking forward to more challenges with you in 2012. :)

Jenn Borjeson said...

So very pretty, love the butterflies. :) Thanks for joining our black and red challenge at Dilly Beans!

Unknown said...

Love it!!! I love this colour combo.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous design and use of the colors. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. xxD

Melissa S. said...

This is fantastic. So perfect for the Challenge at Dilly Beans this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us.

Jennifer Scull said...

wow! I need to get brave and try using some of the washi tape, much less making my own like you did. fabulous! and the butterflies are wonderful!
so glad you joined us at Dilly Beans for our shades of red and black challenge. :)

Lucy Abrams said...

Simply fabulous. Black white and red is so striking, and your card really stands out. gorgeous.

Angela said...

Love your CAS card...so fresh and pretty!