Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Card Positioning Systme #76


In the middle of the night....I thought of THIS!! I've been so into Inchies lately (I have a bunch of other cards that you will see soon enough!) all thanks to Cameldiva (Hi Diane~~). Then I saw the CPS Sketch #76 and figured I could combine my late night inspiration with the challenge.
As you can see it is clearly a Clean and Simple design!
I started out by stamping my Anna Griffin background stamp on the 6 different colors of cardstock using black ink and punched them out using a 1" square punch. Then, I used my white gel pen to color parts of the swirls. I sponged each of the squares with black ink and a dauber and used dimensionals to adhear them to a white mat. Added a small black mat and then adheared them to a 5" x 7" white card base (my most favorite card size to make!). Then, I wanted to add something to the edge as the sketch suggested so I used my Fiskars scissors and cut a fancy edge. To make it pop, I attached a layer of black cardstock on the back of the front side of the card.
No sentiment, I will add it inside the card! I hope you like my Inchie CPS card. I love making cards with multiple colors like this! You should give it a try!!
Supplies: Stamps - Espalier Background (Anna Griffin), Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Cardstock- Whisper White, Basic Black, Ruby Red, Pumpking Pie, Summer Sun, Orchid Opulance, Ballet Blue, Wild Wasabi (all Stampin' Up!); Other - white gel pen (Signo), 1" square punch (Marvy), dauber (Stampin' Up!), fancy scissors (Fiskars).
Thanks for visiting. Donelda

11 comments:

Kelly L said...

beautiful!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love how you did the card. Those inchies are cool.

Anonymous said...

Love the colouring on your inchies. Great card!

:) Marcia

AmethystCat said...

love it! the colors are great and what a fabulous way to use the inchies. groovy!

Jessica G. said...

Wonderful inchies -- it's an elegant Andy Warhol look! Accenting the flourishes with a white gel pen is the perfect accent.

Susan Raihala said...

Totally fab card...every little detail of it. Gotta try this out today!

Alyssa S said...

Such a quick and easy card but it still is beautiful! :o)

Anonymous said...

hello from France ;o)
Love this card and your blog is just great !!!

Jess said...

Great card! Love the detail on your "inchies."

Charity Hassel said...

wow! amazing card! thanks for using the cps sketch!

Diane aka cameldiva said...

Woo hoo, Donelda! Hurray for *real* inchies. I am an inchie snob and nothing irks me more then people that call thier art inchies yet it is clear they've used SU punches. They look awesome... and thanks for the traffic to my site too :)