Sunday, August 10, 2008

Camping Mini Album



Okay, here' s another album....

I bought a new magazine to take camping a few weeks ago and, wow, I have been so inspired!! It is called Mini Albums in an evening by Simple Scrapbooks. I have a million ideas for mini albums now! I am a total mini album fanatic and this magazine has just given me more ideas than ever. If you also like making mini albums then run, don't walk, to your nearest magazine stand and get this issue!!



So, my first inspired project is this Camping mini album. I decided to use some of the light cardboard that I have. While I could have covered it with designer paper, I decided that the cardboard was the perfect rustic look for my camping album!!


This entire book took me exactly 3 hours to pull together. One night I decided on which pictures to use and printed them out. Then the next morning, I worked on it from 8:00 until 11:00, exactly 3 hours of work and my book was finished!!


I used one of my favorite stamping sets, Fantastic Foilage (Stampin' Up!), to decorate the book. I used Old Olive and Chocolate Chip because I had camping themed embellishment sticker page I wanted to use which had olive elements in it. I added a bit of journalling but mostly just let the pictures speak for themselves.


One of my favorite parts are the circle tabs that I added to the side of the book. Each of these tabs have the date and the location of our camping adventure.


I made a number of "blank" pages so that I have room to include the many more camping trips we are sure to have in the future! I also added a


envelope with more of the tabs prepared so that I have the exact tabs to use in the future!


I bound the book with my Bind It All which made it a cinch to pull together!!


Supplies: Stamps-Fantastic Foilage (Stampin' Up!); Ink-Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Light cardboard (unknown), Olive texture paper (bazzill); Other - camping themed stickers (7gypsies), Letter stickers (Sandylion), Chocolate Chip marker (Stampin' Up), dauber (Stampin' Up!), coluzzle, Bind It All.


Well, I hope you are inspired by my mini album. Thanks for dropping in and visiting.

Donelda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful album. I might need to take a peek at that book you mentioned.

peata said...

love the mini.


scrapbook-crazy - mini scrapbook blog
make a mini album

Chris (catt871) said...

That is soooo awesome!!!! I love it!!! Where did you get the magazine??? I must have it!!LOL
Chris

Deb said...

fabulous album, love the rustic looking paper and the gorgeous tabs

scrappernic said...

LOVE this album--gorgeous!! I love how you did the tabs.

Anonymous said...

I love this mini album idea. I hope I can find this publication around here.

Joyce T