Monday, August 4, 2008

LIfe is measured...


I loved the inside of Melissa Bickford's cards when I saw them on her blog Just Dandy! so I just had to try some myself!

I did two. On this first card, I used Cameo Coral and Old Olive together with the Beautiful Blossoms flower and leaf stamp. I added a sentiment from Out on a Limb. Then, using some post it notes, I masked off a large strip in the middle and added more of the same flowers and leaves. I used 2 different sentiments from the Simple Little Things set on the inside in black on top of the stamping.

Next, I made a similar second card, just changing the flowers and leaves, this time from Green Thumb.













I have really been trying to add a little bit of something to the insides of my cards these days. I really, really like this idea and will likely include it more often in the future in some form.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Wow. I go away for a long weekend and come back to loads of eye candy and inspiration on your blog! Thanks for sharing your great ideas and for making me want to get my cameo coral out...not usually a fave of mine, but with all the white and the olive, it's gorgeous!

Kelly L said...

I agree with Susan. I am still trying to get all caught up on my bloggin' after leaving for a long weekend last Thursday myself. ;) You sure make these floral cards look LOVELY.

Jessica G. said...

I've been trying to include some art on the inside of the card in my designs, too, but wow -- your card insides are works of art! Gorgeous, Donelda!

IamDerby said...

These are really pretty! Love those blossoms.