Sunday, August 17, 2008

Papertrey Ink Cardstock !!!!

Well, I know who the nicest person in the world is....Kimberly Crawford (a fellow Papertrey Ink addict like myself and an increadible cardmaker and scrapbooker). She noticed in one of my blog entries that I have not been able to buy any Papertrey Ink cardstock yet and was kind enough to send me some. When she send me a message asking for my address so she could send me some, I was shocked. I expected her to send just a few sheets. When I opened the package I almost fell over. She sent me EVERY SINGLE COLOR!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and was soooo excited!
So, I had to make a card out of all PTI stamps and cardstock. I decided to go with Lauren's sketch challenge (a PTI Design Team member and oh so talented!).
Honestly, it was really hard to actually cut into the cardstock, but look, I did it!!! I decided to use Sweet Blush for the main card base and use Plum Pudding as an accent color. Since I don't own the PTI inks, I went with close colors from what I do have.
Supplies: Paper-Sweet Blush, Plum Pudding, Select White (all Papertrey Ink!!!!); Stamps - Beautiful Blooms, Out on a Limb (both Papertrey); Ink - Lavender Lace, Mellow Moss, Regal Rose, Basic Black (all Stampin' Up!), Versamark; Other - coluzzle, butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), paper piercer and template (SU!), scallop scissors (Provo Craft), sponge dauber.
Thanks for visiting! Stay tuned for more PTI cardstock cards!!
Donelda

4 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

This is just stunning! I am so happy to hear someone was so nice to you too! Aren't stampers the best!

Anonymous said...

Isn't the PTI cardstock wonderful? I've received samples from generous WRAKers and have a tough time cutting into it, too.

Beautiful card, Donelda -- love those butterflies! The punch is on my wish list, too.

Kathryn said...

Beautiful card -- I love the colors you chose and the butterflies are so very pretty! :)

AmethystCat said...

beautiful card! and, what a nice person to send you beautiful cardstock! love, love, love your inchie cards. super cute!