Monday, August 18, 2008

Stamps from Dina

One of my favorite card maker and blogger is Dina! She is amazing. So you can imagine my surprise when I went the the mailbox a few months ago and found an envelope sitting there from her!! When I opened it up, it was one of her stamps called Looking Collage from SmARTworks! WOW!! I was so excited.
I wanted to see how many different "looks" I could get from this stamp, so here is what I ended up with:
For this first one, I wanted to color with my Prismacolor pencil crayons onto the lighter of the two grey colors available from Stampin' Up. I really like the orange with the gray and white! I was so excited when I looked at the fancy swirly stuff in the top right hand part of the image because it matches quite closely to the Finest Flourishes, a set put out by Stampin' Up. So I used that as a background stamp.
The second card is more flashy with all the color! I stamped the image onto white glossy cardstock and used sponges to add the bright colors. Then I found a bunch of flowers in my stash that matched the bright colors (thanks Robin!!). I ended it off with a border of bling - see that box of turquoise rhinstones to finish it off nicely!! Oh yeah, and a little bit of doodling around the edges (I do love to doodle)!!
The sentiment "What we see depends mainly on what we look for" is so cool. It reminds me of this scrapbook page, CLOSED and OPEN, I made quite a while ago for a VSN on Splitcoaststampers. I put it on the inside of this card - done on the glossy with the same colors.
Finally, my son is a huge Tim Holtz fan and being the creative kid he is and always thinking outside of the box. So, he challenged me to make a Tim Holtz tag but do it opposite of Tim's typical style (now what 9 year old thinks that way LOL). So instead of dark earthy colors I was to use brighter colors and instead of dark stamping I was to use white or light.....sheesh!! Here is what I ended up with. See the little frame...it is actually a link from a bracelet where you can insert photos (got that from Michaels). Inside there is a pic of the three of us!! This tag will be going into the altered book I am working on ... well, trying to work on.....
Dina, I can't thank you enough. This is just the tip of the iceberg of things that could be done with your fantastic stamp!!! I hope you enjoy this little sampling!!
Thanks for visiting everyone!!
Donelda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards and that tag is awesome. You've got a very creative thinker for a young person.

Trish D said...

Very nice work - I particularly like the tag!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Love love love them all! Thank you for sharing, and for your kind compliments as well. I posted a few using the set on my blog too, just for fun!

Dina @ mamadinis.

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW~~ love the cards Donelda!!! That tag is gorgeous! Is your son going to be the next up and coming Tim Holtz?? (wouldn't that be awesome??)

Anonymous said...

I love Tim Holtz techniques too! FABULOUS tag - I love all of it!

Kelly L said...

Wow, your son came up with a terrific idea. I love the cards, too, but the tag will definitely be a special addition to your altered book. Love the colors of all three of them btw. :) Kel