Saturday, August 2, 2008

Papertrey Ink - CMWC17

Over on the Papertrey Ink forum there is a Casual Mid Week Challenge where someone provides a sketch and we all play along. I've never played before but this week's sketch, CMWC 17 by Mary K looked so intersting I just had to give it a try!!
So, I started out with about 4 other ideas that looked horrid! I almost gave up!! But then I looked at my stack of PTI stamps and imagined pieces of the branch from Out on a Limb punched out using my 1" circle and I got inspired!
I love Cameo Coral and Ruby Red together...and then add that to Chocolate Chip and I think this color combo is to die for!! I stamped the branches in Chocolate Chip. Inked up the flowers with Cameo Coral and then, using my marker, colored in the centers with Ruby Red. I then misted the stamp with some water and stamped it on top of the branch. After doing this, I punched out certain spots with my 1" circle punch. I have some extra's so you might see some more cards with this effect later on! Next, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock using Chocolate Chip. I added some branches and misted flowers around the sentiment. I cut out a larger circle using my coluzzle (love that tool!) choosing to keep the sentiment to one side of the circle. Finished all the edges of the circles with some Close to Cocoa and a dauber to soften the edges and give some definition. I added a strip of Cameo Coral as the sketch suggested, however, I added the piercing on this strip and not on the card like the sketch suggested. I gave some more interest to this strip by stamping some individual flowers using Versamark ink.
To finish the card off, I added a little bit of glitter in the centers of the flowers on the smaller circles and just a few select flowers on the larger flower! I'm not a usual "glitter gal" but you can't go wrong with glitter....right??!!
Well, I had a ton of fun trying out this sketch. Thanks Mary K for such great inspiration! Maybe I'll give the next sketch a try too :-)
Supplies: Stamps-Out on a Limb (Papertrey Ink); Paper-Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up!); Ink-Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up!); Other - Coluzzle, Versamark, Ruby Red marker (Stampin' Up!), 1" circle punch (EK Success), Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!), dauber.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donelda, you have worked wonders with this sketch.I agree with you about your colour combo, perfect.

:)Marcia
SBS4

Lynn Mercurio said...

Your challance card turned out beatifully. I just love this set, and it really looks wonderful with this sketch! Great job!

Bonnie said...

Love it Donelda!! Those colours are so pretty together! I need to get the Stamping UP! colours!!

Chris (catt871) said...

What a great sketch! I love the colours you used and the stamp choice is perfect!!!
Chris

Mary I said...

Donelda, your card turned out beautifully. I love everything about it--the colors are such a great combo. It was my first time creating a sketch and you did a fabulous job with it.

Kelly L said...

Great sketch to work with, beautiful colors, and I love this stamp. You do such amazing cards with it. TFS! :) Kel

Marlene Lo said...

Wow, throught stampinkub, i know more expert in this field. your cards inspired me! THANK YOU!

Kevin Renz said...

Great card! I finally got to mine and I have to agree with you - it was a fun sketch to do.