Friday, April 20, 2012

PaperCrafts Magazine CASE - Lindsey's choice

I knew you'd come back!  If you missed yesterday's CASE cards, make sure you go to my post yesterday and check it out.

But today is Lindsey's pick and she chose this stunner by Sarah Jay (on page 22).  She particuarly liked the technique.  Now, there are really 2 techniques here ... the shadowed sentiment as well as the masking.  I opted to use both and keep my card very similar to the original.


However, I decided to go with a different colour combination. 


I chose some of my favourite flowers from various Papertrey Ink sets. 


and here is a closer up of the shadow sentiment.  To create it, I stamped the sentiment once and then moved the image slightly to the right and stamped again (2nd generational stamping).  The stamp set is from Lawn Fawn.

Okay, now off to see what Lindsay did with this CASE.  I'm always so excited to see what she has created.  And don't forget to leave a link in a comment if you decide to play along with us.

And we are planning to post again next week on Thurs and Fri more CASE cards!  See you then. 
Donelda 

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

You did it again, Donelda! Gorgeous colours and perfect use of both techniques. I had thought I might try the shadowed sentiment too; but the one I chose didn't seem right for it. I love how you used different stamps to create a similar look, and the faux stitching and white highlights are perfect.

Linda Palmer said...

Donelda, as always you are awesome. I love this blue version of this card you were using for inspiration. Looks to me like your mojo is back with a bang. Beautiful job.

Sandy said...

Very nice!! Y'all are so clever. If I stayed off this danged computer I might be able to make some cards!!
Sandy

Unknown said...

stunning color combo and sentiments...love it!

Heather B said...

VERY cool!!

Sarah said...

I'm so tickled that you and Lindsey cased my card. I think there were at least a half-dozen predecessors to the one that was actually photographed and published. I love the blue-on-blue you chose for your version and the stitching is just so sweet!