Friday, April 13, 2012

Counterfeit Kit 1 - Noteworthy

Hello everyone.  Yes, my creative mojo is still missing (maybe it will return this weekend?)  However, I have found something crafty and fun to do in the meantime. 

I have found this great blog called Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  The whole idea behind it is to create your own version of expensive embellishments and craft kits that you can buy online because we know that none of us really need more stuff!  I love the concept.

I decided to play with the April 2012 Inspiration Kit - Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  The beautiful kit is seen here and is from Kits de Somni (scroll down to half way through the newsletter). 


Check out all the delicious colours.  Well, I looked around at my stash of stuff and decided I could replicate the kit into a mini card kit.  I started out by finding papers that fit with the ones in the kit -  along the back.  I started out with the plaid - the second from the right, and then found similar papers that matched the original kit from there (like the dots, floral, stripes, etc).  Then I proceeded to find or make items that would match those in the kit. 

My kit is called - Noteworthy


I think, in the end, I did a pretty good job of replicating the kit.  Check out that blue die cut at the bottom right .. the one with the pointing finger.  Just like the kit only home-made.  And 2 of the flowers ... home-made.  I don't collect a lot of embellishment-like items so I had to improvise, found some in sticker or die sheets from paper packages, made some, or cut some from designer paper. 

All in all, this was so much fun.  And now, I have this great kit to use!  How many cards do you think I could make with it???  or maybe a mini scrapbook??  I'll get at it and show you the results when I get something done.


Thanks for dropping in!! 
Donelda

11 comments:

li-bee-ti said...

Awesome kit! love how you made your own embellies. I love making my own too.
You got a very colorful kit and I'm really curious to see the cards you'll be making with it, so please call your mojo back :).

Tara O said...

I love your color choices and your handmade embellies! Awesome job!

Linda Palmer said...

You did an amazing job of making and putting together this kit. I love what you did.

Imke said...

Donelda- your kit is awesome !1

MiliPea Designs said...

Look at you already making your own embellishments to add to your kit! It took me a few tries before I got that brave! Great kit!

Lisa said...

Great card kit - love that you made some of your own embellies and this will make a whole collection of gorgeous cards! Love it

Lindsey said...

This is fun! How can your mojo not be jump-started looking at all these goodies? Have fun!

Angela said...

Great job with this...you could make a lot of goodies for sure!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Your kit is so fabulous! I think I like it better than the original. Absolutely ingenious! xoxo

La Petite Maison said...

I can't wait to see all the cards you make with the kit! I have already made a few. Love the embellishments!

Susanne said...

I'm woefully late in getting around. Your mini-kit looks great - loving the pops of red.