Sunday, November 16, 2008

Twinkling H2O cards

So, my friend Deb was showing me a great link to use Twinkling H2Os on watercolor paper to make great backgrounds. It was from the Memory Box blog and you can watch it yourself HERE. I had to give it a try. Here are 2 of the end results! I love it. And, as usual, the pictures just don't do it justice!! It just doesn't pick up the shimmer that is really there!! The images are simply stamped with black StazOn ink and mounted on some colorful paper.
Supplies: Stamps - Watch Trio, I've Gone Fishin' (smARTworks), Birds of a Feather (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Jet Black (StazOn); Paper-Very Vanilla, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), watercolor paper (unknown), colored paper (creative expressions); Other - Twinkling H2Os, watercolor brush.
Thanks for dropping by.
Donelda

6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous backgrounds, Donelda! I have a couple of Twinkling H2Os now, so I'll have to try a modified version of this beautiful technique.

Chris (catt871) said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for the link to the video!!!!

Juanita said...

You make it look like magic!

Anonymous said...

OH! They are just beautiful!! I love the colors you used - they blend wonderfully!! Glad I could inspire you to try this VERY EASY technique!!

Kelly L said...

WOW, Donelda!! These are beautiful. I love the colors. I haven't really tried my H2O's, now I just have to get them out of the box. :) Kel

Terri said...

Those backgrounds came out really nice. Thanks for the link to the video. I am going to have to give this a try now too.