Saturday, November 15, 2008

Scrap Card Fun!!

Susan over at smARTworks has listed the newest releases! You HAVE to go over and check them out!! Go to the on line catelog and check out pages 154 - 166. I am so excited and can hardly wait to put in an order!!! Now, on to the card. My friend Juanita sent me more scraps to play with!! If you haven't read about our Scrap Card Exchange game, read HERE. You can also read on Kristina Werner's blog HERE where she and her roomate also swap Scraps!! Anyway, I always mean to take pictures of the scraps before I use them and as I am pulling my project together this afternoon, I remembered that I had forgotten!! Sheesh!! Well, Juanita sent me this sentiment stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and already matted on some Really Rust cardstock. As well, she included the scallop circle in So Saffron and that little circle too, but it was a different color (maybe Sahara Sand??). So, I decided to make one of these Gift Card holders. You can get the template from Kristina Werner on Two Peas HERE (can you tell I love her blog, LOL). And HERE are some gift cards she made using the template. I started out by coloring the small circle in with Really Rust. Then I cut the gift card holder out and stamped it with the little flower. I added some Really Rust cardstock on the bottom and colored in the flowers and the letters on the sentiment. I pulled it all together as you can see!! Supplies: In addition to the scrap pieces that Juanita sent... Stamps-Fun With Shapes (Stampin' UP!); Paper-Sahara Sand, Really Rust (Stampin' Up!); Ink- Really Rust (Stampin' Up!), yellow (Color Box); Other - gift card template (Kristina Werner), paint brush, sponge, velcro (holds the gift card holder together). Thanks for dropping in for a visit. You should go see what you can do with 3 pieces of scrap from your scap pile!! :-) Donelda

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Wow! Great job. I built the sentiment panel months ago and never used it. Then it felt like a waste to toss it. But you turned it into something beautiful!
Can't wait to see what you have planned for me.