Thursday, November 27, 2008

Glitter Leaves for the American Thanksgiving

I made this a while ago but now I wish I'd have used a "thankful" sentiment since it would have made a great card for my American friends as they celebrate thanksgiving!! The strip along the bottom is actually a piece of Sookwang two-sided tape. I used my hobby knife to slice off a bit from the top and bottom and covered that with some cinnamon colored glitter. Then I peeled off the larger middle section ... but carefully put on some punched out leaf shapes so that when I added the dark brown glitter, it went around the leaves. Finally, I added the copper glitter to the leaves after pulling off the leaf masks. I really liked the results!! I added this band to a card base of Creamy Caramel that was stamped with Versamark ink. I finished it off with a sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink. So I hope all my American friends have a great Thanksgiving with lots of yummy food and great company!! Supplies: Stampsp-Simple Little Things (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Versamark; Paper-Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up!); Other- 2 sided tape (Sookwang), fine glitter (Jewel Glitter Ritz), hobby knife. Thanks for dropping in! Leave me a comment and let me know how you are celebrating your thanksgiving!! Donelda

5 comments:

Juanita said...

Wow!
I would be so afraid to use that much glitter on a card. I am a glitter wimp

Deanna said...

Wow! Love it!

Joy Jenkins said...

Too Cool!!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Wow Donelda - this is fab - gorgeous colours and really well done.There's not much going on in Ireland re: thanksgiving, shame really - maybe I'll start a new trend...

Chris (catt871) said...

Beautiful!!!! It is so good to see you using your "wares" from the Airdrie Spend-it event!! LOL I need to use my glitter more!!!