Saturday, November 15, 2008

Loonie Stamper Challenge #14 - Thank You Postcard

Today Jewels picked the colors for the Loonie Stamper Challenge #14. And, man, was she ever mean (*wink*). The colors are all very beautiful, but if you follow my blog at all, you will know that I tend to use 2 colors most of the time...and even have trouble using 3 colors...but 6...YIKES!!!
Well, I decided that it is a challenge, afterall...so I decided to "go for it". Actually, I laid in bed all night wondering what to do, going through different techniques, or thinking of different layouts that could incorporate 6 colors!! Then, as I sat down this morning at my craft table, this idea came to me!!
I decided to make a Postcard card. It doesn't open but I put some vanilla cardstock on the back to write on. And while I like the end result, I realize that I didn't actually follow the challenge!! You see, Jewels asked us to use a vellum or acetate cardbase and as you can see....I don't even have a cardbase!! How could I actually forget one of the main points of the challenge...sheesh!! And, also, as you can see, I also used a Vintage Cream color (althought it happens to be Very Vanilla) which was not part of the challenge. I sure did screw this one up, hey!! Well, I'm going to post this one and if I have more time today, I'll try it again!!! ETA- Okay, after reading a few of the Loonie Girls' blogs, I might have done even more wrong with this challenge. Now, I think we were supposed to pick one or both the the family colors...or something like that...sheesh, I have to read a little more carefully!!!
Supplies: Stamps-Remember (Papertrey Ink); Paper-Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate (all Papertrey Ink), Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Other-Pure Poppy twill (Papertrey Ink), leaf punch (Punch Bunch).

Now you have to go see what the Loonie Girls did with this challenge: Dee, Char, Regan, Maria, Wendy.

Thanks for dropping in for a visit!! Give this real challenge a try yourself, and leave a link if you do!!! Donelda

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I am cracking up at your post! lol
I have often done the wrong this cause I didn't read... I am so guilty of that! Once I actually did the card for the wrong week! HAHA

I love what you created very simple and understated!

Regan said...

ah hell- instructions are more like "guidelines" anyways- your card is awesome!!! I think eveyone kinda did their own thing anyways!!!

Juanita said...

I think your card looks great. Besides, some of the other ladies seem to have 'interpreted' the challenge as well.

Charlene Austin said...

Oh you are too funny!! The post card is PERFECT! Believe me I think we were all a little confused on this one. Feel free to always make it your own. We are just thrilled you play along. And don't worry...next week is my pick and I am going to make it only two colors with a third being optional!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donelda! I love your postcard card...I'm also laughing at your post. As you know, I lived that confusion myself!!!

Anonymous said...

That is why were are called "Loonie" stampers as we are all a little kookoo!! So you are fitting in just fine, don't you worry! And I wouldn't be as your card was perfect!