Monday, November 17, 2008

smARTworks - Birthday Wishes

I heard it was a specail day for Susan Trask, owner of smARTworks stamps a while ago. Her birthday was at the end of October, so I decided to make and send her some birthday wishes!!
I stamped this teapot from the Teapot Trio set onto watercolor paper with Archivers black ink so that I could watercolor it. I used Rose Red ink to color the hearts and Wild Wasabi for the edge of the plate, teapot and napkin. I did some shading with Buckaroo Blue and River Rock. This image was a LOT OF FUN to paint.
I decided to use my coluzzle to cut out the image and then made a few spots to feed some black organdy ribbon through. I used a piece of this amazing paper from Basic Grey! I love it and it matches the Wild Wasabi perfectly. Finally, I decided to make a different sentiment. See those letters...they are a great Dollar Store find!! Yup, just one little ole dollar and I use them all the time!! Anyway, I stamped the letters, cut them, and attached them around the circle edge.
Well, I hope it brought nice birthday wishes to Susan!!
Supplies: Stamps-Teapot Trio (smARTworks), letters (Dollar Store); Ink-Black (Archivers), Wild Wasabi, Ruby Red, Buckaroo Blue, River Rock (Stampin' Up!), Paper - Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!), Green (Basic Grey), Watercolor paper; Other - black ribbon, coluzzle, watercolor brush, corner rounder, 1/8" circle punch.
Thanks for dropping in! Donelda

4 comments:

Kelly L said...

This is so pretty. I love the soft, country feel, and I really love the way you added the sentiment. GREAT idea. you are just full of those, aren't you girl?! You are definitely my inspiration. :D Kel

Deanna said...

Oh I like how you did the sentiment!

Godelieve said...

Wow, what a pretty card. Love the cosy feel of it!

Joy Jenkins said...

Love the teapot - so cute. Saw your guest spot on smART works - way to go, girl!! Congrats!!