Saturday, November 29, 2008

smARTworks - Sunflowers on Dark

I was dying to try coloring these sunflowers from smARTworks in with my prismacolored pencil crayons when it was stamped on a darker color cardstock (not white or vanilla). I decided to go with the lighter of the 2 greys from Stampin' Up. When you stamp and color on a darker cardstock, you use a lot of white to create the highlights. You can see some previous cards I did with this technique HERE and HERE. I often feel like the edges of my image panel needs something to finish it off and for this one, I decided to do some paper piercing all the way around it. The rest of the card is pretty simple. A little stitching wth my sewing machine down the yellow strip for some dimension and a little sentiment! Thanks for dropping in for a visit. Donelda

No comments: