Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blue Flowers

When Susan from smARTworks designed this stamp, she had imagined those flowers being blue. Well, every single design team member colored the flowers pink when it was the stamp for our April Cookie Challenge.
I decided to create the image in blue for Susan. I wanted to see what these flowers would look like in blue...and I like them.
They were colored with Copic markers. Then, I added strips of blue ribbon around the edge cutting the ribbon at angles for the corners. The sentiment is from Beautiful Blooms from Papertrey Ink!!
Still working on rebuilding my computer again!! Be this a lesson to me and everyone else out there....Back up your stuff!!!
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

7 comments:

marciad said...

Gorgeous.

Juanita said...

Fabulous card. I love the layout, is that Karen Giron's 'sweet sunday' from a few weeks back. Either way, I love blue flowers.

Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful! Maybe everyone colored them pink because they kind of look like antique roses or dogwood blooms? They certainly look gorgeous in blue, too, and the border is the perfect frame to really make them stand out!

Susan T. said...

Very nice in blue! Of course I liked all the 'pink' renditions, but there's just something about seeing something the way one pictured it... Thanks, Donelda!

Chris (catt871) said...

Beautiful!!!! I have missed visiting your blog!!!! hope all is well my friend!!!

Pauline said...

Lovely image. Lovely card.