Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring Fling Inspiration Challenge for PTI

Note, this is one of 2 posts tonight. I have also posted my Loonie Stamper's Challenge card after this one. Make sure you scroll down to check it out!! So, Nichole Heady announced a great Spring Fling Challenge on her blog! She had a number of her Design Team use spring inspiration photographs to create cards. You should see the projects..they are spectacular. Then, Nichole invited us to play along too. We were to pick one of the Design Team's inspiration pieces and create our own card or project. I chose Kelly Lunceford's inspiration photo. I LOVE purple tulips so this one was an easy pick!! I knew I would obviously have to use the new Wishing You set. I did a bit of rock and rolling on the tulips, starting out with lavender Moon ink all over and then rocking the top edges of the tulips in Plum Pudding ink. I love the effect!! Then I added the stems, leaves, and stamens. I included the sentiment placing it over the leaves. Because it is in black, it is still easily read over top of the Spring Moss color. I added a bit of scallop along one edge of the main image and after randomly stamping a small tulip with Lavender Moon ink onto Lavender Moon cardstock ( I love the color on color look), I pulled the whole card together. Overall, a fairly simple card but with awesome images like that you don't have to do much to create a great card. So, you should head over to Nichole's blog to see all the inspiration pieces and also all the cards that are being entered into the draw. Thanks for dropping in today!!

8 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great layout for your card. Super job on the spring fling challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Helen F. said...

WOW! Your card is gorgeous. I am moving this stamp set from my "Wish List" to my "Must Have" list today ;O)

Chriss Blagrave said...

I love your tulips! Like how you created your bg too! Wonderful colours and really a Spring card!

Julia Aston said...

Love your tulip trio and the pretty colors you used!

Daniela F. said...

Sweet card! Love how you added some blooms in the background. Can't wait to get that stamp set, too!

Scrapping Julie said...

pretty, pretty, pretty!!!

Babies-Beth said...

Love your rocked and rolled tulips, Donelda! And thank you for the sweet comments on my blog the other day; you really made me smile!

CeeCee said...

Very pretty! I love those tulips.
CC