Friday, May 8, 2009

smARTworks - Twinkling Flower

Here is another card I made with the Petal Power stamp set from smARTworks. This flower was so much fun to create!! I started out with some watercolor paper. Then, using my Twinkling H2Os, I painted on different colors onto my paper. Next, I stamped this fancy swirly petal (one of my very favorites from the
set) onto the paper making sure to keep the yellow part of the painted area to the outside and the little bit of blue on the inside of the petal. When it was dry, I cut the petals out. I kept the basic card design simple because I didn't want to take anything away from that spectacular flower. It is always frustrating when making sparkly, shimmery cards because they never look as good in the photograph as they do in real life..... but then, you all probably know that! Remember you can click on the pictures for larger images which might show the shimmer a bit better.
Stamps – Petal Power (smARTworks), Ink- Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Paper- Basic Black (Stampin’ Up!), African Daisy (The Paper Company), blue (unknown), watercolor paper, Other – Twinkling H2Os (Sunburst, Plumaria, Mediterranean Blue) (LuminArte), rhinestone (Me and My Big Ideas), dimensionals.
Well, have a great shimmery day!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

This is beautiful, I love that flower as the focal point.

Anonymous said...

OMG, look at that flower, breathtaking! Love the colours too!

Jessica G. said...

Stunning flower -- it definitely deserves to be the star on a CAS background!