Wednesday, April 22, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party #15 - Shaped Card

Giovana picked a fun challenge for the tea party this time. She wanted us to create a shaped card. I've had this template for a butterfly for some time with plans to create with it....and Giovana gave me the perfect opportunity!
I started out by printing off the butterfly onto computer paper so that it would fit a standard size envelope. Then, I adheared the template onto a folded piece of vanilla cardstock. After cutting the butterfly out, I stamped various flower images onto it with blue ink. I made sure to do some stamping off so that there would be lots of dimension. Then, I stamped the sentiment in brown and a butterfly in yellow. I re-stamped the butterfly onto a piece of scrap paper and cut it out. This was done so I could add the rub ons to just the butterfly but didn't need to try to cut out the antenna - since when I adheared the second butterfly onto the card in the same spot, the bottom antenna were in just the right place !! Finally, I added some piercing around the butterfly and then used a brown marker to create some faux stitching. I finished the card off by lightly sponging on some antique linen.
Now, off to see what shapes the other Design Team members created:
REmember, Susan is on holidays this week so ... "In exchange for the possiblity of slower order processing, smARTworks will be offering FREE SHIPPING on all US orders ($15 or greater) placed April 20 - 24." What a geat opportunity...you can't possibly pass it up!!
Supplies: Stamps-Cookie Plate, Standing Tall (smARTworks); Ink - Ocean Tides, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate chip (Stampin' Up!), Antique Linen (Ranger); Paper - Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!); Other - paper piercer, brown marker (Stampin' Up!), distress ink aplicator tool (Ranger).

Thanks for dropping in!!

Donelda

8 comments:

Jessica G. said...

What a fun shaped card! Beautiful embellishments and the sentiment is perfect!!

Giovana said...

Your card is perfect Donelda. I almost made a butterfly card too.

Have a great day.
Giovana

marciad said...

That card is gorgeous. I love butterflies.

Trish D said...

This is so pretty! The "stitching" around the edge is a great finishing element

Susan T. said...

Nice job. I like the way you stamped the florals on the shape, then added the second butterfly.

Pauline said...

This is pretty :o) I've never seen a butterfly shaped card before. Really fun.

Michelle Adams said...

Gorgeous! I never would have thought of a butterfly!!!

Juanita said...

I meant to stop by on Earth Day and say hello to my favorite recycling crafter.
This is a fabulous card, as usual.