Saturday, April 25, 2009

kwernerdesign Color Challenge #50

Kristina Werner is having her 50th color challenge on her blog. I love her style and have learned so much from her over the last few years. I follow her blog religiously and have seen every color challenge...but I rarely get around to actually participating in them. However, 50 is a bit of a milestone...and she's giving away prizes...and who doesn't love prizes. Besides...it is a cold and rainy day here today so I have some time to actually stamp for a change!!
Her colors were really out of my comfort zone!! I mean....whoa!! But I do love them and the more I looked at them together, the better I liked them. So I pulled every crafting item that I owned out that matched these colors...buttons, ribbon, rub-ons, ink, specialty papers, threads, wire, primas, felt, ....you name it and it was sitting out on my craft table. Then, I worked on picking a layout that might be an interesting way to showcase such bright and funky colors. Then, I had to find stamps that might work with the colors and layout.... sheesh, this was a lot of work for me. LOL
Finally, I ended up with this creation. I started out with the 3 colors in the middle, stamping the turquoise and red panels only with white craft ink. Then, I matted them onto white and tied the Dark Chocolate swiss dots ribbon around the panel. Next, I cut a white circle and a brown scallop using my Spellbinder dies. Added my round sentiment (I love round sentiments...not sure why but I do). Then, I threaded and added the botton in the middle and adheared it to the panel with dimensionals for some pop. I attached this focal panel to a piece of brown cardstock and then attached it to a white card base.
Supplies: Stamps-Background Basics:Retro, Remember (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Whisper White craft, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Africian Daisy (Bazzill); Other - red button (Hero Arts), round and round scallop dies (Spellbinders), Dark Chocolate swiss dot ribbon (Papertrey Ink), thread (DCM), dimensionals.
Thanks for dropping in. Cross your fingers for me!!!
Donelda

18 comments:

Tiffany said...

the ribbon is super cute!! love the card!

Regan said...

its great...my my you were speedy!

Susan Raihala said...

Oh how pretty! Love the three blocks of color, the layout, everything!

Linda Beeson said...

Very nice - I love to see what others do with the color combos!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours and love the card1

Juanita said...

goodness gracious, look at all the creativity here today!

Deanna said...

Wow Donelda, you are a rockstar! So fast and awesome!

Savitri said...

Really gorgeous card! I LOVE it!!

Sheila said...

This ir really ellegant!

CeeCee said...

Nice interpretation of the colors! Love your card.
CC

Britta Swiderski said...

Love the scalloped circle sentiment in the middle of your card. Wonderful use of the challenge colors! Thanks for sharing :)

Michelle said...

Fabulous card - I'm with you - really didn't feel comfortable at all with these colours, but the finished cards all look so great!
Wonderful job, and thanks for your kind comment on my blog!
Have a great day

Traveling Mama said...

This is such a great way to use the colors! So cute!

Stempelzeit said...

wonderful using of the colours!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love all of your use of brown!! Great job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Two Happy Stampers said...

Great job with this color combo! Love your layout and use of the colors. =)

Winter said...

Pretty card! Great job!

KarenAS said...

Cute card!! I love how you used the colors.