Saturday, April 11, 2009

Butterfly Hello

So Kelly over at KL Stampin' N Scrappin' is giving away some awesome blog candy so I just had to play along. To enter we simply had to make a card using products she sells in her store. Well, she sells some awesome products (at a great price too!!) including Basic Grey paper (my all time favorite) and Nestabilities!!! I used both here on my card!!
Don't you love that butterfly!! It is from BG's Ambrosia paper collection and the red panels are from their Boxer collection....it is called "long underwear" ... isn't that funny!!
The butterfly was cut out using my circle Nestabilities, then sponged. I added a sentiment around the edge. I really like that way of adding a sentiment, especially when it is a short word like here. And I finished it off with a bit of Sumer Sunrise twill from Papertrey Ink!! love their twill!!
So, here is to crossing my fingers!! Thanks Kelly for the chance!!
Donelda

8 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

LOVE it!!! the colour is so rich!!! Good luck! I'd like to enter but don't think I'll have time!! I hope you win though!!!

Susan Raihala said...

What a great card! Love the colors and the butterfly and how you did the sentiment...everything, really!

Kelly L said...

Beautiful butterfly image, great rich colors, and love the use of the nesties! Good luck, and thanks for playing along Donelda!! :) Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is outstanding! I love the colours and how rich it looks!

Jessica G. said...

What a fantastic way to spotlight a gorgeous image! I need to try this with BG paper because there are so many beautiful areas of the paper. Thanks for great inspiration, Donelda!

Alley said...

This is simply so cute. I love the tri layer of bg papers and the hole layout.

Juanita said...

Did I tell you that I love this card? I do. The butterfly is perfection.

Kristine said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVE those rich colors. I have this pad of BG too with the butterflies and haven't used much of it. I usually create "cutesy" style, so it's kindof intimidating to me, but I just LOVE what you did with it. What a great way to tie your ribbon too! :)